Monday 3 October 2011

GETTING BACK INTO IT WITH A PEACHY KEEN CHALLENGE

Well I don't know where to start!
My last posting was back in October 2009 when a severe attack of Psoriatic Athritis hit, (it does the same kind of damage as Rheumatoid Arthritis)  leaving me with little mobility by the time 2010 was with us...
With medication, the inflamation was under control and muscle strength returning but, it left me with a damaged right hip...
Got the hip replaced in January this year and am now getting back to normal (ish).
My strength although much improved is nothing like it should be but I'm ready to BLOG AGAIN!

So here we go with my version of this unusual  Peachy Keen sketch...


The link is
http://peachykeenstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/09/peachy-keen-stamps-sketch-challenge-61.html

Peachy Keen Stamps :: Sketch Challenge 61


And here's my take on it...used for my Grandson Jacks' 1st birthday card.

I decided to use the shape as a hill for the little train set cut from a die set by QuicKutz (train)
Jacks photo is altered in Photoshop to a drawing.
The greeting is made using Sizzix dies.
The twine element that's required is embroidery thread wrapped around the J.A.C.K. letters.
Hope you like it ;)



3 comments:

Jackie said...

Evening Di, I will try again. Welcome back to blogland, you have been greatly missed!
You know I love this card, it's stunning. Good luck with the challenge :o)
Jackie xx

Janice W. said...

Gosh I am sorry you have been through a lot! Glad you have come back to blogland! Your card is really beautiful! Thanks for joining the PK challenge! Good luck!

Sue said...

Fabulous. I love how you've done the photo of Jack and the little train is so lovely. Sue.x